Black Bridge dedication Saturday

NORFOLK - The bridge that provided a passage over the Elkhorn River, along the 321-mile long Cowboy Trail is about to be officially re-opened.  Floodwaters destroyed the bridge west of Norfolk in 2010.  Federal Emergency Management Funds were used to fund 75 percent of the $1.2 million project.  A task force led by Norfolk Area Chamber of Commerce President Dennis Houston raised the other 25 percent.  The ribbon cutting ceremony is scheduled for Saturday morning at 10:30.  But, to get the full experience of the Cowboy Trail, Nebraska Game and Parks Commission spokesman Jenny Nguyen suggests you start at Ta-Ha-Zouka Park at 9:00 and walk, run, hike or bike the three-and-a-half-miles to Black Bridge.  Activity booths and games and information will be placed along the trail.  Nguyen says those who wish to participate in the geo-cashing game should bring a GPS or a smart phone.  Engineers designed the new Black Bridge to look like the one washed out three years ago.